The Rib Riders Snowmobile Club is based out of Marathon, Wisconsin with club members not only from Marathon City, but also from the Towns of Cassel, Marathon, Rib Mountain and Mosinee. Here are some facts about our club:
* Club was formed in 1972.
* 125+ active members and families.
* 15+ members spend about 400 hours/year grooming trails.
* 300+ hours are spent brushing, clearing and signing trails.
* All labor is club-member volunteers.
* The club supports a number of charitable causes in the area.
* The club participates in Marathon Fun Days Parade and the Holly Days celebration.
Rib Riders trails are groomed with two Sur-Trac groomers as well as a Prinoth Husky groomer that are housed in a new building located behind Custom Meats in Marathon. It takes approximately 30 hours using all three groomers to groom the 50 mile trail system, crossing over 85 private land parcels as well as school and county forest land. The trails system runs from Highway 29 to about three miles north of Mosinee, and from Nine Mile Recreation Area to the Edgar area.